Volunteering at Noah’s Children can be a meaningful experience on many levels. You will have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of our patients and their families, as well as benefit from the fellowship and camaraderie that comes with being a part of the Noah’s Children Volunteer Team. If you believe you are called to serve in support of our Mission and Values, we look forward to receiving your volunteer application.
Volunteer applicants who desire to work directly with our patients and families must be at least 18 years of age and willing to provide a year’s commitment. We accept younger volunteers for our DONE-IN-A DAY (DIAD) activities, but they must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian. The Volunteer Services program with Noah’s Children involves a serious commitment of time and dedication. You are encouraged to thoughtfully consider this commitment prior to applying. Please note that Noah’s Children does not provide volunteer opportunities to satisfy mandated court-appointed service requirements.
How to Apply
All applications will be reviewed for placement consideration. If we are able to offer you an interview for a patient-family volunteer opportunity or volunteer placement, you will be contacted by Tasha King, Community Liaison/Volunteer Coordinator. Based on your volunteer role, volunteers should be prepared to provide two references from non-family members in addition to the following:
- Complete a personal interview with the appropriate Noah’s Children Volunteer Coordinator
- Complete the criminal background check
- Have a two-step TB skin test, provided at no cost by Bon Secours Employee Wellness
- Agree to the statement of understanding presented at the bottom of the application form
- Adhere to other specific requirements per individual program. Volunteer positions require a health screening, drug test and/or blood screen, provided at no charge by Bon Secours Employee Wellness.
- Attend an initial orientation and safety training
- Agree to renew the health screening and orientation annually
Thank you for your interest in the Volunteer Services program at Noah’s Children!