Noah's Children has been serving Central Virginia families with seriously ill children since 1997. A few of our highlights include:
- A local kindergarten class creates a colorful Noah’s Ark collage. Dr. Bob Archuleta, a Richmond pediatrician, purchases the art for his office. He receives so many compliments that he makes prints of the artwork. At a meet-the-artist event, Dr. Archuleta gives each child a print and asks what he should do with the proceeds of selling prints. The children ask him to help sick and dying children.
- Dr. Archuleta begins Noah’s Children as Central Virginia’s only pediatric hospice and palliative care program. Noah’s Children and Kids Helping Kids are incorporated.
- Noah’s Children Hospice and Palliative Care licensed in April.
- First Lady Roxane Gilmore, former First Lady Jeanie Baliles and Patricia Cornwell are honorary guests at the book release ceremony for Serafina’s Silver Web, which was illustrated and published by Noah’s Children.
- The Richmond Academy of Medicine presented Dr. Archuleta the Distinguished Service Award for Ministry to Children for founding Noah’s Children.
- Dr. Edwin Kendig Jr. served as honorary chair of the annual Gala.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics, Virginia Chapter, presented Dr. Archuleta the President's Award for vision, dreams and dedication in founding Noah's Children.
- Six hundred sixty-two individuals participated in Illness & Bereavement Support Services through Noah’s Children Community Outreach Support Groups.
- Jill and Jim Kelly, the Buffalo Bills quarterback, and April and Dr. Joe Niamtu served as honorary co-chairs of the annual Gala.
- Child poet Mattie Stepanek, who was the author of six poetry books and friend of Oprah Winfrey and Jimmy Carter, and his mother, author Jeni Stepanek, served as honorary co-chairs of the annual Gala.
- Noah’s Children becomes a program of Bon Secours Richmond.
- Fundraising Gala is renamed forty-one and held at LaDifférence.
- Dr. Bob Archuleta wins the Elizabeth Durney Award for hospice care.
- First Noah’s Children bereavement camp held.
- Jenna Bush Hager was the featured speaker at the fourth annual forty-one gala