Often families don’t know where to turn for answers after receiving their child’s diagnosis and many come to rely on the internet as a source for information. The Noah’s Children team offers a relational give-and-take of information that facilitates the integration of facts with confusing questions and feelings.
Our interdisciplinary team of compassionate caregivers helps educate families about a wide range of topics, including:
- A child’s disease and prognosis
- Disease management
- Wound care treatment
- Medication and symptom management
- Social, community and spiritual resources
- Working with insurance companies
- How to recognize and assess signs of change in the child's condition
- How to play with a child who has different physical and medical needs
- Self-Care and balancing family, life and patient needs
Ultimately, our goal is to teach families ways to enjoy life, have fun with their child and enhance the quality of their days together.